Welcome to YLE: STARTERS READING and WRITING TEST #1
There are 5 parts in Cambridge English Starters Reading and Writing test. You have 20 minutes for 25 questions.
Push the button NEXT to start the test.
Look and read. Put a tick (V) or a cross (X) in the box. There aretwo examples.
1. This is a mat.
2. This is an ear.
3. These are coconuts.
4. This is a sofa.
5. These are helicopters.
Look and read. Write yes or no. There is one example: There boys are wearing blue shorts. (YES)
1. The children are fishing in the sea.
2. There is an old boot in the water.
3. You can see three fish in the picture.
4. The child with black hair is sitting down.
5. There is a green frog on the bag.
Look at the pictures. Look at the letters. Write the words.
Read this. Choose a word from the box. Write the correct word next tonumbers 1–5. There is one example.
Horses are beautiful animals. The one in the picture has four long legs ,two big (1) ............ and a long face. It has a brown (2) ............ on itsbody too. Lots of (3) ............ enjoy riding horses. Some families have ahorse for a pet. At the end of the (4) ............, they clean their horse andgive it (5) ............ and water. Horses like eating apples and carrots!
Look at the pictures and read the questions. Write one-wordanswers. There is one example: What are the children doing? (running)
1. Where is the woman's hat? On the ...
2. Who is pointing? The ...
3. What has a bird got in its mouth? The ...
4. How many birds are there now? ...
5. What are the birds doing?
Time is Up!